Thursday, December 10, 2009

Important

Now I know how important this practice has become to me! I missed yesterday and my day did not go well and I feel quite certain they are related. I had so much to do yesterday I just did not have time to be thankful along the way. Very sad and bad of me and I paid for it! And now as much as I got done I did not get it all done and thats all I focused on, not all the great things I did get done which I would have had I been looking for things to be Thankful for.
Today I read my daily devotion and what would you know it was this...


Do Not Yield to Discouragement
"They looked...and behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud" (Exod. 16:20).
Get into the habit of looking for the silver lining of the cloud and when you have found it, continue to look at it, rather than at the leaden gray in the middle.
Do not yield to discouragement no matter how sorely pressed or beset you may be. A discouraged soul is helpless. He can neither resist the wiles of the enemy himself, while in this state, nor can he prevail in prayer for others. From Streams in the Dessert, for the rest go here
And this great poem

"Keep looking up--
The waves that roar around thy feet,
Jehovah-Jireh will defeat
When looking up.

"Keep looking up--
Though darkness seems to wrap thy soul;
The Light of Light shall fill thy soul
When looking up.

"Keep looking up--
When worn, distracted with the fight;
Your Captain gives you conquering might
When you look up."



What a great reminder of the importance of this, and what great timing He always has, we should not forget.

130. For all the things accomplished regardless of how many are still yet to be done
131. For fellowship tonight while we celebrate the awaiting of Christ's birth
132. For a kind husband always willing to help, even if he does get distracted, let me never forget to be grateful for the willingness, so much more than many get
133. A beautiful Sunrise on the drive to work
134. Mountains to the West and East of me both! How amazing this place is!
135. For Goodwill, mason jars for soup in a jar gifts for .20 cents each!
136.

2 comments:

  1. I discovered your blog link from Ann's Holy Experience blog. It is so nice to "meet" you! Tonight at church our pastor was preaching on the name "Jehovah Jireh"...interesting that it should be in the poem you quoted. God is our WONDERFUL Provider and we are so blessed in His care!

    I am behind you in the counting...I only posted up to number 65...you are going at a terrific rate! Well done...it really does make a difference!

    Have a wonderful week in the Lord!
    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I think the title of your blog is terrific...it is ALL of GRACE! Rich heritage indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete