Friday, July 23, 2010

Road Trip!


The details of moving are slowly falling into place. We just found out we will need to drive from Seattle to VA for the move. This is nice because it will be fun, I also feel like its a nicer transition to slowly go across country then to fly is a harsh break from one place to another. Maybe this makes no scene but it does to me! :-) It also solves all my "what can I get in a suitcase on a plane" issues with moving. Now whatever fits in my car can go with me which will make storing all the household goods (HHG) until we are able to buy a house much easier. As I can bring a pot and pan and bedding etc in the car easily. So thats one less stress, "how do I get it all in my suitcase and underweight" was weighing on my mind. The airlines keep lowering the weight limit!

For those of you that might be along the way it would be fun to know if you are near our route. I can't promise my husband will let me stop to see you but I can do what I can. If it were up to me I would stop at every historical marker and touristy thing along the way not to mention seeing every person I have ever met before and lives anywhere near, and we would get there next year sometime, but he wanted to do 12 hours a day and spend more time in Cali with family, so we are aiming at 8 hours a day so we have some room to make some stops and still get there in hopefully 5 days (from LA).

So the plan: We will go from Seattle through Vancouver and hope to see some of you there, even if just for a meal, then to Sacramento to see cousins (hope thats cool, if you are reading this its the first you have heard of it, so I will call to check dates etc) then on to LA to see hubby's sis who is due with number three Aug 27th I think, so if the baby cooperates we will get to see the new niece or nephew before heading off! (also if you are reading this its the first you have heard, we won't be planing to stay with you don't worry, but if we can be of help babysitting we will be happy to) Then we will take the I-40 across Ca and AZ to the Grand Canyon, from there through Flagstaff, Albuquerque to Amarillo (all on I-40), next day from TX to Memphis TN or so, and then we hope to make it from there on the I-81 and through VA on some Hwy's to "home" in VA the last day.


View Larger Map

If you know of any exciting points of interest along this route let me know! But it can't be to far off the beaten track or we would get off schedule, and we can't have that!

1 comment:

  1. Rochelle...I am going to miss you soooooooooooo much. I must come visit!! I will come during tax season.. Jason won't miss me. Love you

    ReplyDelete