Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nursery Done!!

Soo exciting but before I tell you all about the room I will give an update on the pregnancy. Many of you will know by now and some will not that I had high blood pressure before I ever got pregnant. So we have known from the start this could add some complications. It has become event this has started, I am on medication and so far its keeping the blood pressure just barely under a very concerning level. I keep track multipal times a day as the Dr is keeping a close watch on things.  If it goes up much at all, and it did about 10 days ago they will check me into the hospital for observation. This did happen just after I got back to VA and after a few hours in the hospital and lots of tests the blood pressure went down and I was sent home. The same almost happened today, but it went down again after sitting for 10 min at the Dr's office so they let me go home. All my tests for many things that can be effected by the high blood pressure, like organs and heart etc have all been negative, so far its not having any lasting bad effects, they will continue to check this. All along the baby has looked great, she is a few weeks ahead in growth which is a great sign as the most common side effect to this is low weight baby's. All this being said I will be induced early its just a matter of how much early, anytime possibly, which would be 6 weeks early, but they are optimistic and hoping to old off to 3 weeks early. Its all a matter of weighing many details for whats best for me and baby at this time. There is no reason to think that if the baby was born next week she wouldn't be perfectly healthy, and over 5 pounds, close to 6 we hope, she may not have a name yet but all signs show she would be fine. 
I have been asked over and over how I am feeling and ironically I feel the best I have yet though this pregnancy, so thats a nice side note. I feel greatly at peace though all this and very open to whatever needs to happen to have a healthy baby. I feel deeply we are in Gods hands and it will all be fine and in His perfect timing in the end. I also feel very ready, which helps my mind be at ease, there is always more I can do but everything that needs to be done is ready, I have a bag in the car and a few preemie clothes just in case, so I can be ready at a moments notice. I also have many wonderful ladies who will be here and support me in whatever I need. Thank you for all your prayers, please do not worry about us, but know that no news is good news and if anything happens Brian will be sure you are all kept informed via Facebook right away and here a little later. 
That brings me to the fun stuff, I have finished decorating the nursery which I love more than I expected and has been lots of fun! This is the view from the door. 

The crib, I just couldn't resist the canopy though I am sure Brian thinks its a bit much and will need to be taken down when she is old enough to pull it down, but for now I love it!

Found this bran new chair on craigslist! The wood is just the same as the crib amazingly! And my plan is to have toys in the baskets and books on the shelves, though I hope the book collection outgrows the shelves soon!

I love these numbers I found in a shop with my Mum, and my Grandmothers doll and my old doll highchair my Granddad made me, with my other Grandfathers old dresser serving as a changing table. 



Wonderful full drawers thanks to many of you and your generous shower gifts!

And by the door, with my Mothers old doll, is the new fish tank serving as white noise and a night light. Don't worry Brian will baby proof the cords long before baby can pull on them. And hopefully its nice and high, the cat as so far has not noticed them, lets hope it stays that way, but she would have to do a 7 foot vertical jump, which I can't say is impossible, but I couldn't have made it more difficult either. Ohh and hooks for the diaper bag and coats and blankets etc. 

Last but no least the closet, bedding on the right, bigger clothes up above, diapers in the middle with more on the way thanks to my Mother-in-law, and my Dad driving them in the car across the country for me. And my ingenious if I do say so myself, double decker hanging clothes. She got so many cute dresses at the showers I had to make room, but these are through 24 month size, so not to many she won't get lots of use from them all!

3 comments:

  1. Nursery is adorable!! Wow...much more organized then mine was(0:

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    Sorry about the blood pressure issue. I know you and no-name baby girl:) are in God's hands and there is no better place to be. Rochelle I will be praying for you and your little one. I have so enjoyed getting to know you better and am blessed by your blog. Give your mom a hug for me. Much love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 18, 2011

    Great job Rochelle, Looks like you have been thinking about this for a while:)Betty Jo

    ReplyDelete