Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things

Going through your stuff is always interesting. I have been sorting stuff, and getting some very basics together to drive with me to make due until we get all our goods delivered. I love my things, much to much I am sure at times. But each thing I pick up makes me smile. I know people preach to unclutter only keep the things you truly love! Well thats an issue because I truly love each and every thing in my possession,. I don't keep things because someone gave them to me and I feel like I have to, nope just the stuff I love. The salt pot I bought with my new husband at a potters shop on our honeymoon, my carefully selected dish soap glass container that makes me smile which is why I bought it and why it made the "basics" list, and its of course very practical! But in all of this I wonder, after having just the basics, still more than most of the world has, but nothing extra, will I miss the rest? Will I kinda like have 1 pot and 1 frying pan and just making things where this will be enough? It will be interesting to see. A good friend posted this on her blog today and I was so blessed by her sharing it and it got me thinking on this, so I will share it with you also. Food for thought.


* Luke 10:38-41 


 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.” But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details!There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Ohh the details, its been nothing but details and its been driving me nuts these last days. I must remind myself of this every min. to keep trusting and stop worrying over the details. He has always sorted the details out perfectly, why can I never trust Him to do this same the next time and the next. Please pray with me these next few days with strange moving men in my house handling all my things ( packing my underwear :-/ and my china!!) and making sure I don't pack something vital I might need over these next months.  ( Wait you need ID to get a mortgage?? Thats packed with the household goods!) 

"Lord help me be a Mary, not this week but in all the phases of this life, let me always come to your feet, and not ignore you with the business of serving you"

No comments:

Post a Comment