So many things today, I am inspired once again by A holy experience on scripture memorization. I was in a Bible Quiz team all through Middle and High school where we memorized a book of the New Testament each year. I have experienced so fully the wonderful benefit of having the word hidden in your heart. And though I have not been actively memorizing in my adult life (shame on me) I have had so many of these wonderful nuggets of Gods truth come to mind in just such a time as they are needed. I rarely remember the reference but there is no mistaking Gods truth.
And so to that end I am going to try to start again! Psalm 19 has always been my favorite and as I have memorized New Testament in the past I am excited to have a Psalm.
1The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
2Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night showeth knowledge.
3There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
A good start for today anyway.
But not to forsake my daily thanksgiving that’s are brimming from me as I train my mind to look for them they seem to creep up everywhere, isn’t that the great nature of our Lord, if we would but train our eyes to look or seek we always find. Praise God!
21. Fog rolling over a body of water before your very eyes
22. For freshly snow dusted mountains in the distance, like a beautiful promise of things to come when you reach them
23. Lunch with Mother
24. Family even when they make you crazy, they are always there for you
25. Date Night even when its dinner at “the club” (Costco that is)
26. A husband that wants and makes time for date night, even when its a trip to Costco
27. Finding other believers in the work place, and then to discover they are doing the same Beth Moore study as church as you are across town!
28. Watching the clouds settle back down over the mountains, knowing they will be back tomorrow, even if I can’t see them
29. A quiet night at home
30. Nice cold glass of iced water at the end of a long day