Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back to basics

Now that I am somewhat settled and not traveling and doing exciting new things each and every day I am going to slowly go back to the roots of this blog and what I started it in the first place. Why is that you may ask, well it stemed from the inspiration I got from 

holy experience
And her Gratitude community through that and a few other things coming together last fall I realized I needed to be looking more for the small every day blessings God puts in our path. One way to do this is to keep a gratitude journal and a great way for my to be accountable to do that is through blogging mine. I hope also it might inspire and encourage other as i have been through woman who do the same thing. By keeping a list of things I an thankful for I am looking for them as I go through each day, and the more you look the more you find and the less you seem to have to complain about. It seems simplistic but I have changed my outlook and my inward thoughts significantly this past year and all based on this simple thing. It has become second nature now and I find I will look for things and make mental lists even though I don't list them here for some time, but I love to be able to look back and so I am starting again. 
I hope also for those of you who are not near my physically anymore, that you can feel near me as you see a list and virtual picture of my daily life. 
I will still  post on our adventures here also but that will be sprinkled in throughout these posts. 


270- 279
Crisp white sheets waving to me in the breeze
The promise of a clean bed, smelling like the fresh river air, with my always wonderful husband to share it with
The last warm days of Summer, even if they are a little to warm at times
The water sparking in the sun
The beauty of evening
Fresh baked bread rising while chili cooks on the first cool day of fall, with rain falling out the window

The smell of fresh baked wheat bread

Welcoming a hard working husband home to a warm meal, I am truly thankful to have food to put on the table, might I never take it for granted
Fresh bread and tea the next day to sooth a sore throat
A roof over my head, for which I am truly grateful

“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” - 1 Thessalonians 5:18 

Might I never forget that everything means everything!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Rochelle the bread looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread recipe! It was amazing! http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2010/04/real-food-encouragement-whole-wheat-bread.html

    ReplyDelete