Saturday, September 11, 2010

VIRGINIA!!!! We Made It!


We crossed over the border to the final State and we were here!


They had a welcome center shortly after and I picked up tons of pamphlets for all the exciting things we can do  in VA and with you all when you come see us! They have very nice rest stops here, we saw 3-4 as we drove through the State, they are all nice buildings that blend in with the other architecture in the State. 


This is the State marketing slogan, we liked it! I guess they advertised for young couples to travel here like 40 years ago and it stuck, or so the nice friendly welcoming lady at the center said. 


Beautiful farms everywhere! makes you want to go milk a cow somewhere.

Nice green hills through VA.




We drove by many crazy VT fans. This one was the best!





We are in Richmond VA at the last hotel tonight just an hour or so from "home". We will hope to get into the rental house tomorrow, we have an appointment to see it at 2pm EST, so I will get pictures for you all as soon as I come. We hope to go get to the base and get the gate ID stuff taken care of so Brian can get right in to work Monday, and make sure we know where it is and all, and then head to Colonial beach where we will live and check it out. I am sure I will have lots lots more pictures then, but I don't know if I will have much internet tomorrow so I will see what I can do. 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow Rochelle! It's hard to believe you are there! I can hardly wait to come visit!

    ReplyDelete